Friday, October 16, 2009

Apology

I am sorry for not writing more often. I would try to excuse myself by claiming to have a great deal on my plate right now, but the truth is that it's not really time (though short) keeping me from writing, any more than it is my new daughter keeping me on the bench in Fast Sunday's testimony meeting.

Even now, I begin to write and find myself stalling. I don't know any more what I ought to write, what I should and should not do or say or think. I knew I could never post the things I have just written, so I deleted them. But I'm posting this much because I know that many amazing people read my posts here, and I want to let them . . . to let you know that I'm okay. I'm in a rough spot, confused and lonely, but I'll get through it.

Keep praying for me, please. I'll keep praying for all of you, that I can think of something worthwhile to share.

8 comments :

  1. I totally understand the feeling. I think I've been go through the lonely and confused stage at least once a week now.

    Cling to the Lord, since He is the source of all good. Acknowledge His power and plead for His help and be ready to receive it. Study the scriptures; like the iron rod in Lehi's dream, they will lead you right. Allow the word to humble you. Pray for the Spirit to guide you. Keep the commandments. In the dark moments, pray for angels to surround you and defend you against evil. Go to the temple to access greater power.

    There are evil spirits running amok in the world, spreading fear, anger, hate, lust, disbelief, doubt, discouragement, and more. It takes a lot of work to fortify yourself against those influences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMO, you have no need to apologize. However, it is good to know that you are hanging in there. I pray that your rough spots become smooth - as soon as that is possible.

    FWIW, your faith and trust in the Lord is an inspiration and motivation to those of us who deal with our own challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking in. You have a lot of friends around here, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the quick post. I have been a little worried about you since you have been so quiet. I look forward to reading your thoughts when you are ready to write again. Good luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reassuring those of us who regularly check your blog for new posts. Cyber friends can't give the same kind of support as physically present friends can, but we hope you can feel the effect of lots of extra prayers on your behalf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're here for you. And happy to take whatever little, or much, you have to share.

    I hope the sweet influence of a newborn is bringing some peace and comfort. She brings added responsibility too, but enjoy her sweet spirit, let her comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone. I truly appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, I've found it necessary to screen comments. Unless your comment violates the commenting policy, it will show up as soon as I can approve it.

Popular Posts